The Wilmington Chamber of Commerce, Wilmington and Beaches Convention & Visitors Bureau (CVB), and the City of Wilmington have partnered with Appycity to help connect Wilmington residents and visitors to information resources through a new app network. Wilmington’s “digital dome” will link mobile apps that have been custom-designed for the Wilmington Chamber, the CVB and the City of Wilmington using the newest app platform in the country, known as the Jericho System. The Jericho System received approval from Apple in July, clearing the way for Wilmington to be the rollout city for the new app software.
There is no cost for users to download the apps, which are available for both Apple and Android devices. Chamber members and CVB partners will receive a free, basic business listing on their organization’s app. A “full access” listing can be purchased on an annual subscription basis that will allow businesses to post deals and events, add a thorough business description, have unlimited pages, and more.
The apps will offer users multiple functions and resources where applicable such as:
• Information about the city and surrounding towns;
• Area events and the ability to purchase tickets;
• Homes for sale and available vacation rentals;
• Business listings, including, hotels and accommodations; restaurants, shopping and more;
• Attractions and entertainment;
• Magazines and news;
• Radio broadcasts;
• GPS and directions;
• Push alerts;
• Car finder and more.
By purchasing full access, businesses and organizations can:
• Customize their app with their logo and colors;
• Add a description and unlimited images;
• Connect their website and social media outlets;
• Post special events (using an MP3 feed, video, website, RSS, etc.) and sell tickets;
• Offer specials or daily deals;
• Make posts in real time;
• Tie in an existing app and distribute it thru the network and more.
The Chamber and CVB apps are currently available for download by searching “Wilmington, NC” in the App Store. The City app will be available in the coming weeks.
Appycity is an app development company that creates customized apps for IOS and Android operating systems which are viewed on smartphones and tablet devices while delivering intuitive software that helps elevate user acceptance and overall customer service. Appycity also connects communities thru app technology and facilitates development to digitally capture a community’s presence in one of the fastest-growing platforms ever developed. The Appycity network is currently comprised of over 7 million users and growing. The company has already worked locally to develop apps for The Azalea Festival, Southport and Bald Head Island.